Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday morning rant..

So this morning I am really annoyed that I am not showing really. I am damn sick of this "thick in the middle" stage (this is what all the preggo books and websites call it) and am SO ready for a little basketball belly.

Do you know how much it sucks just looking like you've gained a bunch of weight for no reason?

Granted, as soon as people find out I'm pregnant it'll be a different storey but I am so wondering what my co-workers think when they see how big my midsection has gotten. I went and got a haircut yesterday and my hairdresser said it would be obvious to anyone who had been pregnant before what was going on because my boobs are huge and she said you can see by the way that my stomach is expanding that it's for a baby and not filled with fat.

When I look down the center of my belly (through the center of my ginormous chesticles) I can blatantly see my belly protruding from my ribs down to my pubic bone about 2 inches out from either side of my belly button. It's not by a ton but it's definitely not what I would normally see when I look down. So I guess it's starting. I hope I'm not one of those people who carry evenly in the center because you don't look pregnant for quite a while if that's the case (apparently you can carry high, mid or low then center or wide). Centre and mid is the worst for showing early but is great later on.

Anywho...next thing. My dreams. My dreams are NUTS! Not last night but the night before I had a dream that I gave birth to the baby but that it was so small that instead of putting it in one of those warm incubation beds they put the baby in a water bottle (with a small amount of water in it like it was in the womb) and then they had screwed off the top of the bottle almost fully (just one little notch left holding the lid on) and every time the baby took a breath the lid would open and close. Alex was holding the bottle baby in his hand like "no big deal" and I was absolutely freaking out in the hospital bed. "Why is my baby in a bottle" "Why is their water in the bottle" "How did you get my baby in that bottle!?!?". FKUCED.

Oh ya! Then last night I had a dream that one day I woke up and overnight all my hip stretch marks from puberty had turned purple again and climbed up my belly to meet in the center. Sounds beautiful eh?

As you can see I'm not getting much sleep lately. To top it all off Winston is like a leech on me lately and he's been creeping up onto the bed and sleeping in whatever crevice I have available at the time so I can't really move for the rest of the night. I don't want to kick him out though because he's obviously chilly on the floor and that's why he wants to snuggle.

Ok, rant complete. Have a nice day!

PS - if you're bored check out this lady's blog, hilarious: http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2010/12/10/awkward-pregnancy-photos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment