Tuesday, December 14, 2010

3 months!

I'm almost 3 months (will be on Friday) and I'm eagerly awaiting posting my "held" blogs now that I'll be out of the woods in terms of miscarriage likelihood.

I'm still pretty tired but not half as much as I was in the super early stages of pregnancy. Friday's are my worst nights - I have a hard time staying up past 8 p.m. This past Friday we had Jo and Rob over for dinner (Alex's idea) and my eyes were literally burning they were so sleepy by 9:00 p.m.

Still no morning sickness which is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G however, it's allowing me to be one hungry girl!

The last time I went to the doctors (Nov. 18) I'd only gained 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (133 lbs) but I definitely felt thicker in the middle and I 100% was because I can't do my top button up on my jeans anymore. I bought a white bella band and Tara gave me a black one so I've been wearing those over my pants with the top button and some of the fly undone so it's more comfy. My favourite foods are: anything that isn't healthy. This includes: pizza, ice cream, chocolate, fries, chicken fingers etc. Can you say gross? I am guessing I'm probably up about 5 lbs since my last appointment. Last night my Mom and I stopped at Baskin Robbins for some ice cream...I highly recommend the feature flavour "Gingerbread" MMMmmmm....

I have to admit it's really hard at this stage when you just look fatter than normal and definitely do not look pregnant. The worst part is that you are just fatter and it's not the baby since the baby is only the size of a thumb right now. It's got EVERY single part of it's body that it needs right now at this size and really is only getting stronger bones, growing and putting on meat until birth. Isn't that crazy!??! My whole life I've been small-ish to normal size and now I'm packing it on. Even though I know it's pregnancy related it's still hard to bear when you can't do your pants up!

My dreams are 1) insane and 2) extremely vivid. So far, I've dated the counsellor from Newlywed Nearly Dead, fought a warthog for my picnic items, lost my wedding rings and found them again and umm...I can't remember the others but they're ridiculous (I wake up Alex to tell him about them so if you would like to know more I'd suggest talking to him since my preggo brain is in full effect).

On Saturday afternoon (11 weeks, 1 day pregnant) after being out all afternoon I came home and laid in bed for a couple of hours and couldn't fall asleep. I laid their with my hands on my lower abdomen just above my pubic bone and slightly pushed into my tummy. After about 1/2 an hour I felt a little "thump" which I think was a body roll or something. It definetly wasn't gas because I could feel that for most of the half hour and it was bubbly and grumbly (as gas usually is!) It was SO exciting and totally made my day.

What else? Mom & Dad have been doting on me which is really nice! My Dad calls every couple of days to see how I'm feeling and my Mom, well she's being the awesome Mom that she always is. Alex has been a dream for the most part. I did get in trouble for spazzing and then not apologizing which I promised to work on and other than that's he's been great. He is definetly taking advantage of my bad food cravings though and I'm afraid he might end up looking 9 months pregnant at the end of my pregnancy too. LOL.

Ok, that's all for now!

xo Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment