Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The cool stuff is happening!!





I am so EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED!!

On Thursday December 2 I had my first midwife appointment. My uterus is up over the pubic bone (a good thing) and she used this doppler thing to see if she could find the heartbeat. She told me to not get my hopes up because it's still early and as soon as she put the thingy on my belly we heard the bebe!! Her/his rate is 155 bpm (which is somewhat fast).
There are old wives tales that say if the heart rate is over 140 bpm then you're having a girl, if under, then a boy.

This seems like a good time to say I would love to have a little Miss Olivia Powell or a little mister Keaton Powell or William Powell - Alex likes both but isn't 100% sure. Olivia is a done deal because that's been my fav. name for a good 5 years. Middle names will likely be family members, I'm thinking either Elizabeth or Vivian for girls and Thomas for a boy.
WAHOOO!

Lastly, I had my 12 week ultrasound on December 6th and I've attached pictures. The wee one was about 5.5 cm long (head to rump - so not including arms and legs). It was so cool. The in person pictures are much better but I'm sure up top you saw the scanned copies which don't do the originals justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment