Wednesday, December 8, 2010

17 days til Christmas!

Can you believe it?

On Sunday morning we got most of our Chirstmas shopping done and only have a few straggling gifts to buy.

We put our tree up on Saturday afternoon and I decorated for a couple of hours and it looked (yes, past tense) FABULOUS! Luckily my side of the family came over for dinner and they got to see it in all it's beautiful, full & twinkling glory. On Monday afternoon that all came to a "crashing" halt.

Sir Winston Stanley Powell was left out for 1 hour (TOPS) while Alex and I went to an appointment. As we were walking back home I mentioned something about wondering the stauts of the tree and Alex doubled his pace and I had to basically run to keep up with him. When we walked up to the house Alex said "the tree is down" I said "Noooooooooooo....." and sure enough, we walked into see a tree on the ground, smashed glass ornaments, a few chewed non-glass ones & a big bright red stain in the middle of the carpet right on top of a white flower and a very, very shameful looking puppy who was cowering and shaking knowing that he was dead meat.

Let's just say I didn't look at him or talk to him for the rest of the night. BRAT!! I do get it though - why play with his boring toys when he can attack a big sparkling stick?

So the tree is a little more bare than I'd like (Alex likes it better) and it's back to the best it can be without starting over from scratch which I was tempted to do. I'm going to try to pick up the last few prezzies this week and start wrapping this weekend and then we're alllll ready!! I think this is a record for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment