Friday, October 8, 2010

sometimes - all you need is a day off.

You know those days when you wake up achy, sleepy, and plain old yucky? Well yesterday I had one of those days.

So, rather than going to work and being a whiny baby all day I decided to take a "me day" (with Alex of course) and what a lovely "me/us day" it was. In the morning I made a nice breakfast, had some coffee and watched a little boob tube.

Then around 9:30 a.m. I started cleaning. I dusted, swept, vacuumed, did laundry and then I cleaned the kitchen and the washroom from top to bottom. Not much of a rest, right? To top it off Mom and I went to IKEA and I got a lovely new shower curtain and Mom bought me a couple new planter pots for some shoots she's been growing me from her mother plants. See links for pics:

Wandering Jew (oh so politically correct): http://www.denverplants.com/foliage/images/JewZebrina.jpg
Hoya (from my great grandma's original plant - how awesome is that?): http://www.gflora.com/zen-cart/images/hoya_rubra.jpg

Well it turns out it was exactly what I needed. I came into work today feeling so much better about the state of my home that everything else just felt nice a calm. I taught a great Pilates class today at lunch and had a ton of good feedback from my students.

I CANNOT wait for this weekend when we engulf as much turkey as humanly possible and then lay around like lards for an hour afterwards. Let the holiday of gluttony begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment