Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm getting sleeeeeepy!

Good morning!

It's been 5 weeks since I started teaching Pilates and I have to say that it's been challenging.

What's been great is that I've really started to hone my skills as a teacher and I've had the opportunity to teach in a ton of different formats. I personally feel a lot more toned and I'm pretty happy with my current shape. I've also met a bunch of lovely new people and brought in some dolla bills (which I've saved over half and we're getting a new chimney because of them.)

I've learned that if you're going to teach semi-privates that you should make sure the people you're teaching have similar abilities (not the case in my classes so far) otherwise you'll be underwhelming one and overwhelming the other or busting your own butt to teach two exercises (when you're teaching 5 days a week it's really hard to come up with two lesson plans).

What's been the downfall is that I haven't seen my Mom, most of my family or really any of my friends in 5 weeks. What I have seen of Alex is sometimes good but sometimes I'm Crusty Mcrustertins. This part, is not for me. I've found that on the weekends I'm trying to jam in as much as possible in so that I can dedicate all my weekday evenings to Pilates. I've been having a hard time getting up for work in the morning (read: snooze 5 times, get up at 7:20 a.m. and leave at 8:00 a.m.) and the only thing I can think about is that sweet caffeine buzz. My house isn't looking the way I like it to, I've eaten Kraft Dinner for dinner (GROSS!) and I just don't feel like doing much of anything when I'm home. Oh and I've been having ridiculous cravings like a chocolate cake muffin with chocolate chips infused within and chocolate betty crocker icing on top.

So, once my predetermined teaching times run out I will commit to doing the following at a MAXIMUM in terms of teaching. I will teach 3 nights from Mon-Fri and a maximum of 3 day time classes a week (meaning before work, on my lunch hour or on weekends at a studio). I think teaching during the day is a better route if possible because then I'm not taking "me" time up which I like to spend with my friends, family & pet!

:-) Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Even too much of a good thing is, well, too much. Hang in there. You're a superstar! xo

    ReplyDelete