Monday, August 23, 2010

Pilates, pilates - PILATES!

My oh my oh my.....lordy, lordy Jenn - what have you gotten yourself into?

Pilates update:
  • Monday 6-7 (indefinitely)
  • Tuesday 5:10-6:00 (until December)
  • Wednesday 7-8 (indefinitely)
  • Thursday 6-7 (until mid-October)
  • Friday 12:10-1:00 (until December)

Who thinks they're Wonder woman? I DO! I DO! In order to keep my sanity and keep my blood pressure from skyrocketing through my body, through the ceiling and eventually to the sky I'm putting together a pro's and con's list.

PRO's

  • I'm finally jumping in with two feet rather than one in and one out;
  • I am putting my Certificate to good use;
  • I'm going to see what I'm really made of;
  • I'm going to find out if I enjoy teaching;
  • I'm forced to learn every posture and master it;
  • I'll get lots of experience in different locations (gym, studio, in-home lessons);
  • Physical proof that their is a need for Pilates in the region;
  • 3 of the classes are not indefinite and there is an end time;
  • We'll have extra $ for trips and home renos (with no extra time to spend it on crap); and
  • I'm gonna be buff, oh so buff.

CON's

  • I feel like I'm over my head and I'm nervous about teaching in general;
  • I'm afraid I won't be able to balance my job and home life;
  • I don't know every posture by heart; and
  • I'm worried that I'm not knowledgeable enough to teach to advanced students.

Based on the list above I have some to do's to help me feel good about my decisions to date:

  • I know I'll be a good teacher once I feel more confident in myself and the only way to feel more confident is to practice, practice and practice.
  • I will have to ask Alex to be patient with me during the next few months and let him know he might need to pick-up some slack around the house.
  • I have to let my bosses know that I am comfortable teaching beginner and intermediate classes and that I am not comfortable teaching advanced classes yet - BE ASSERTIVE.
  • I need to make sure that I'm taking it easy on my off days and really give myself time to recoupe from the hectic week.

Anything else you can think of?

xo
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Jenners,

    Judging from your list of pros and cons, it looks like you wanna/should grasp every opportunity that you've been given. Definitely be assertive and tell your bosses that you're not ready to teach advanced classes yet - knowing you though, you'll be ready in no time!

    x to the o

    Kate

    ReplyDelete