Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life is about to get crazy!

Not only is Alex going back to work after a 2 week hiatus but I'm in the home stretch of maternity leave. I will officially be back to work the day after Labour Day and although I have completely and utterly loved my time off I'm pretty excited to get my brain back into gear. As a kid I always thought my dream was to be a stay at home mom (perhaps because that's what I grew up with until about grade 8) but after being one for a year I know I'll be "ok" going back to work but I also know I'd love to work say, 20 hours a week versus 40. Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible (see a post a few back if you need more details) for a while so going back to a job I love, with people I adore suits me about as best as it can at this point in time. I am seriously going to crave - best word I could come up with - seeing my little man and I know I am going to cry for a week but I can do it. I know it. What I need to focus on is that I'm going to have PERSONAL TIME EVERYDAY FOR A WHOLE 8 HOURS (while AWAKE!!!) - no poopy diapers, no barfs, no nap schedules, a quiet lunch...(I'm trying to make myself feel better here but none of the things I just wrote actually bother me all that much) but also no snuggles, smiles, belly laughs, walks, dance parties, park trips or lunches smeared from head to toe etc.
I am so happy that the woman we're leaving our beast with is fantastic. I can literally see the love pouring out at her from the kids she already watches and one of the Mom's is keeping her kid with her 2 days a week because she'd miss her too much. Now that's what you want in a daycare!!
Okay, more to come. Maybe not baby related....next time I'm going to write about some career moves I'm going to make this year. It's going to happen because I'm going to make it happen - just because that's what I do. BAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment