Friday, February 4, 2011

It's a BOY!!

So I went to my ultrasound today with Alex's Mom because Alex is away in NYC on business and my Mom is away in St. Martine on a vacation with some friends.

I had been taunting Alex for the past week or so saying that I might find out if the mood strikes me because he won't be there to regulate me (similar to how I've almost finished the whole container of nestle chocolate fudge drumstick ice cream since he left). I wasn't really ever going to just was having fun bugging him.

Anywho, the tech asked if I wanted to find out and I said in an unsure voice "Noooooo, I don't want to" and she said something along the lines of "Oh, you sound really sure about that" and then laughed. So she went on with her HOUR long ultrasound checking for the heart, lungs, stomach etc. (every bit you can think of) and then went to get my mother in law so she could come in for the last little bit where they show you the head, arms, legs etc.

So, (I feel like I'm writing anywho and so a lot) she started with her "and this is the head, and this is the arm and this is the .... blah, blah". I have to admit that I was looking but I didn't expect to see anything when WHAMO! PENIS ALERT! I said something like "I think I see the penis" and she said "You would've made a good ultrasound technician". Joan (Alex's Mom) saw it too plain as day so there is no chance of a wrong gender determination!

Alex called right after the ultrasound was done and he was ecstatic. Now we need to start thinking of somewhat traditional boy names that no one else in our families (this includes extended) has already. Good times considering we already have: Nicholas, Lucas, Jack, James, David, Robert, Stephen, John, Thomas, Samuel, Craig, Jacob, Gabriel, Mark, Christopher, Daniel, Brenden etc.

Please send me ideas!!

WAHOO! CRAZY. It's hard to get my head around calling the baby "he or him" vs. "he/she or the baby". I am actually really glad I saw that baby's bits because now I can get used to a boy and start looking for boy clothing (which I dread) because girl clothing is just SO much more fun. I do know a blue and white striped train conductor pair of overalls and a matching hat will be in the dresser by the end of the weekend - NOW THAT IS CUTE!!!

It's also funny because just a couple of days ago Alex said that he thinks I'm too rough to have a girl baby. Looks like he was right! Maybe a boy baby will soften me up so I'm ready to have a delicate little lady down the line.

:-) xo Jenn

2 comments: